These thick and chewy Brown Butter M&M Blondies are irresistible! An easy cookie bar that’s loaded with chocolate M&M candies. Loved by kids and adults!
M&M Blondies Recipe
Happy Monday! How was your weekend? How was your Easter? We indulged in an extra lazy few days that included carrot cake for breakfast, an epic parks and rec marathon, and way too many mimosas! I’m definitely in need of a green juice/green toast detox day… but first, just one more bite of these brown butter M&M blondies 😉
These blondies are wildly delicious and super simple! To make them you will need butter, brown sugar, an egg, flour, salt, baking powder, and M&M’s. I used these M&M baking bits, but regular M&M’s will work just fine!
All about brown butter:
Brown butter is so delicious and easily made right on your stove top. All you need is a stick of butter, a pan, and some patience. The transformation from melted butter to browned butter is made by toasting the milk solids in butter so that the liquid turns a deep, rich, nutty brown. It adds a delicate, nutty taste to the blondie batter that really elevates the flavor in these blondies to a whole new level of delicious.
To make the brown butter you’ll simply take a stick of unsalted butter and place it into a cold saucepan. You’ll melt the butter over medium-heat, stirring it periodically to make sure that the butter does not burn. The simmering butter will begin to foam slightly, and eventually it will begin to turn a nutty brown color. When it has browned evenly, simply remove it from heat. Be sure to stay especially attentive at the end of the browning process to avoid burning the butter.
When it comes to choosing a baking pan size, you have two options: an 8×8 inch baking pan OR a 9″ loaf pan. Baking them in a 9″ loaf pan will result in SUPER thick blondies with crispy edges and extremely soft centers, while an 8×8 baking pan will produce a thinner but more uniformly even blondie. The choice is yours!
Just be sure you don’t over bake your blondies! When you pull them from the oven, they should still look a little wobbly in the center. They will firm up a great deal during the cooling process.
Thick and chewy M&M blondies are so easy and delicious! No wonder they’re always a crowd-pleaser.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #bakerbynature on Instagram! ♥
Chewy Brown Butter M&M Blondies
Yield 8x8 Pan
Thick and chewy Brown Butter M&M Blondies. Everyone loves these!
- 1 stick butter (4 ounces), melted until browned
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup flour (be sure not to pack your flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line an 8x8 baking pan (or loaf pan) with parchment paper and spray parchment lightly with non-stick spray, set aside.
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium heat, melt butter until browned (see post for more on this if needed). Remove from heat and cool for a few minutes, then whisk in the brown sugar; beat until well combined. Add in the egg, beating until combined. Gently stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt, being sure not to over mix. Fold in the M&M's.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are firm and golden and the center is just slightly wobbly. Cool in pan for at least 20 minutes before cutting.
Serving Size 1 blondie
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
More amazing M&M Recipes: