I make no secret of my love for pizza. I’m a diehard fan through and through! But sometimes (read:all-the-times) I’m in the mood for an extra cheesy slice (extra jalapeños, please!), while my better half is in the mood for something, well, a little meatier. Something a little more substantial. He’s the kind of guy who likes dude food. And I’m ok with that.Earlier this week, this exact scenario arose, and I decided to take matters into my own hands! No more ordering from two different places… and definitely no more cooking two different meals (so many dishes – eek!). So, after a little brainstorming, I chose to smoosh our two favorite meals together into one seriously amazing pizza. You guys… meet the jalapeño popper cheeseburger PIZZA!!! I know. And yes. I’m serious.
The base of this pizza, like many great pies before it, starts with a good crust. I always suggest homemade pizza crust, and if you’re in the market for a great recipe, this easy, chewy crust will not disappoint.
To the crust we add a dreamy layer of cream cheese, the burger meat, and the jalapeños! Woot woot. How good does that look?! Yesssa please!
On top of that goes our cheeses (colby jack and sharp cheddar; but you can play here), and finally, some crunchy panko bread crumbs. Wowzers. Get ready for this…
Once baked up to golden, gooey, perfection, just slice it up and DIG IN! Oh yeah. And expect people to bow down and praise. This is that kind of pizza. xoxo
Jalapeño Popper Cheeseburger Pizza
- 1 pizza crust, store bought or homemade (link to recipe in post)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, VERY soft
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 salt
- 1/4 freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil; divided
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 heaping tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 3 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Colby jack, shredded
- 4 ounces Sharp cheddar, shredded
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees (F). *If using refrigerated pizza dough, be sure to remove it from the fridge 20 minutes prior to using.
- Lightly grease a baking pan or pizza stone. Roll dough out to fit the pan, then place in the preheated oven to bake for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, combine the cream cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- When crust has baked for 10 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- While crust is cooling, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add onions, stir, and cook until softened; about 5 minutes. Add in ground beef, increase heat to medium, and cook until all the pink in the meat has turned to brown; about 5 minutes. Stir in paprika, cumin, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder, stir to combine. Remove from heat, stir in ketchup and mustard, then, using a slotted spoon, transfer meat to a paper towel lined plate; set aside.
- Place panko bread crumbs in a small bowl. Add in remaining olive oil and toss to coat the crumb; set aside.
- Spread the cooled crust with the softened cream cheese. Add the ground beef, jalapeño peppers,cheese, and finally panko.
- Place pan in oven and bake for another 10-11 minutes, or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbling. Cut and serve at once!
J. Melissa Mortimer says
Love jalapeños! I’m definitely going to make this soon! Love making patty melts.
Wow – that is one heck of a pizza! Love the crunchy panko bread crumbs on top too!
I have a friend who makes the worlds best jalapeno poppers. I am going to blow his mind with this!! Plus Handsome is going to love it when I suggest this for pizza night this week. Great burger pizza combo!
This looks amazing! And I love the new site design!!
Eva @ Eva Bakes says
Lamb burger with melted provolone, sautéed mushrooms and caramelized onions!