It all started off innocent enough. Watching a baking show. Blueberry muffins being the featured baked good. Good clean fun. Also, Sparking my mind with the reality of the two handsome containers of blueberries sitting in my fridge. Just steps away from being made into muffins.
As you can clearly see, I didn’t.
I whipped out the muffin pans and into baking mode.
Balmy temperatures blossom blueberries from wretched shriveled up terrors into berries so deeply blue and bursting with juice like water balloons on the verge on explosion.
Happy muffin eating!
- Blueberry Muffins- Martha Stewart
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for tins
- 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cups blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line and grease muffins tins; Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.Place butter and sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer and cream on medium speed, until fluffy.
- Add egg, egg yolks, and vanilla; mix until well combined.Reduce speed to low; alternate adding reserved flour mixture and milk to mixer, beginning and ending with flour.
- Remove bowl from mixer and carefully blend in berries with spatula.
- Divide batter among muffin tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.