One of the MANY reasons I love these Thick and Chewy White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies SO MUCH is because they stem from a no-nonsense recipe that guarantees a perfect batch each and every time you bake them. I know this for a FACT because I’ve made this exact recipe 8 times in the past 2 weeks (holiday baskets, y’all!) and they’ve been wonderfully consistent every time. Consistency is something to love in a recipe, I tell ya! When I bake, I want NO SURPRISES. You know what am I saying right?!
The dough for these cookies comes together quite easily, and in just a few minutes… but the best part?! Oh the best part would be this cookie recipe involves ZERO wait time. No dough chilling required. Yes… that means you could technically stop reading now, walk – no, run – to your kitchen, and have these cookies in the oven in about 8 minutes…
If you love cookies that involve thick bodies, crispy edges, chewy centers, white chocolate, and cranberries… THESE ARE THE COOKIES FOR YOU!
Also, I’ve been known to toss a handful of chopped pistachios in the batter for a little red, white, and green holiday color magic… if you love nuts, I say give it a go! Just swap out half of the cranberries and add in the pistachios. Poof! Cookie magic. Go bake some up today! xoxo
Thick and Chewy White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 15 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F).
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the dry ingredients; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the butter, sugars, and vanilla; whisk until light and fluffy; about 2 minutes (you may use a standmixer/ handheld mixer to help if you have one).
- Add the eggs and beat quickly – for only about 30 seconds – until they’re just combined. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes, then beat the eggs for another 30 seconds. Gently fold in the flour mixture with a wooden spoon, stirring only until the flour begins to disappear.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Roll 3 tablespoon sized balls of dough between your palms to form a ball (they should be big; almost a 1/4 cup), then place on prepared sheet (make sure to leave enough room in between each cookie for inevitable spreading). Continue this process until all the dough has been rolled. Place baking sheets in preheated oven and bake for 11-14 minutes, or until golden at the edges but still soft in the middle. Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on the sheet before transferring to a wire wrack to cool completely.