The Blueberry Pancakes of Your Dreams are thick, fluffy, and just bursting with fresh blueberries! Delicious with a drizzle of maple syrup or even ice cream! These golden brown blueberry pancakes are the perfect breakfast recipe to whip up this weekend!
I’m looking forward to this Summer! I’m so excited for lazy days reading in the park, loads of market fresh produce, and ahem – my BIRTHDAY! Yep. Only 1 month away now. So totally… that girl. I’m already planning a cake week. Yes. A whole week of cakes!!! But really – more than anything – I’m excited for Summer breakfast! And to me, Summer breakfast means blueberry pancakes. Hot mornings… fresh blueberries… sweet, buttery, ultra-fluffy pancakes. Not a bad combo, right?
As you’ve probably noticed by now, I labeled these pancakes the ones of your dreams. A bold statement… but I’m standing by it! These pancakes are really the best. I tested them literally 16 times. You know, just to be sure 😉
So what makes them the best (you ask)? Well, it’s pretty simple. They’re full of blueberries; tender enough to cut without a knife; and not too sweet to drench in syrup! Syrup is an important part of the pancake game!
These blueberry beauties are luscious and tender thanks to sour cream, whole milk, and a couple of eggs. Nothing fancy here!
And they get their sweetness from a kiss of brown sugar and a heavy hand of berries! Simple simple does the job 🙂
I just love these perfect pancakes! And I know you will too. What’s your favorite Summertime breakfast? xoxo
More Pancake Recipes:
- My Favorite Buttermilk Pancakes
- Light and Fluffy Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Cranberry Orange Pancakes
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- Whole Wheat Greek Yogurt Blueberry Pancakes
- Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
The Blueberry Pancakes Of Your Dreams
Soft and fluffy Blueberry Pancakes are a family favorite breakfast!
- *Makes about 14 pancakes
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons butter, for the pan
- Maple syrup, for serving
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg yolks, sour cream, milk, sugar, salt, vanilla, and baking powder.
- In a separate large bowl add flour and blueberries and toss to combine, making sure berries are fully coated in the flour.
- Add flour mixture to the wet milk mixture, and stir just to combine; do not over mix! The batter will be thick, so don't worry if there's a lot of clumps left.
- Add egg whites to a large bowl or the body of a stand mixer. Beat using a handheld mixer or the whisk attachment until the whites begin to form soft peaks.
- With a rubber spatula fold egg whites into flour/sour cream mixture, stirring until fully incorporated.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Ladle 1/3 cup scoops of the batter into the skillet, only cooking a few at a time so they don't blend together.
- Cook pancakes until the edges begin to brown and the top of the batter bubbles, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Repeat for all pancake batter.
- Top pancakes with syrup and extra blueberries, or anything else your heart desires! Serve at once.