These Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes are moist, tender, and FULL of real pumpkin flavor! Made with pumpkin puree and warming Fall spices, these are the perfect breakfast to welcome to the new season! Bonus: you can freeze any leftovers for up to 2 months!
Happy Saturday, my people! I’m kicking off October – and this weekend – with these fabulously fluffy pumpkin pancakes. Want in on this pancake party? READ ON!
Alright. So let’s talk about breakfast food. Are you a fan? I’m guilty of making breakfast for dinner at least once a week. Sometimes it’s this smoked salmon frittata, other times it’s my favorite egg white omelette, but most times… it’s a tall syrupy stack of PANCAKES, baby. Banana Pancakes, Blueberry Pancakes, and now, pumpkin pancakes. Fluffy pumpkin pancakes are my absolute weakness.
↓↓↓ Extra maple syrup and a few pats of butter cuz that’s how we roll.
If you’ve never made homemade pancakes before, don’t fret! This recipe is SO easy and calls for some seriously simple ingredients. To make these pumpkin pancakes you’ll need eggs, pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!), milk, brown sugar, salt, vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice, orange juice, orange zest, and all-purpose flour. You’re also going to need butter and maple syrup. ♥♥♥
1) Get you skillet niiiiice and hot. I like to place the pan on the burner 4 or 5 minutes before I plan on getting cooking.
2) Butter that pan! Seriously. 1 tablespoon minimum per batch of pancakes. Deal?
3) Stay close; pancakes cook fast. And we all know there’s nothing worse than a burnt pancake 🙁
Fluffy pumpkin pancakes > plain pancakes. I think you know what do 😉
Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoon orange zest
- Butter, for the pan
- Maple syrup, for serving
- In a large bowl add the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin spice; whisk well to combine. In a separate bowl add the eggs and lightly beat them with a whisk. Add in the milk, pumpkin, and vanilla and beat until well combined. Stir this wet mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring just until everything is combined. Quickly fold in the orange juice and zest, stirring until evenly combined. Be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a buttered hot pan or griddle, adding only a few at a time so that they do not blend together. Cook for about 3 minutes before flipping them over, or until small bubbles form on top. Cook on the second side until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Repeat with all pancake batter. Serve pancakes warm, with extra butter and maple syrup. See notes for freezing options.