These EASY Candied Pecans are sweet, crunchy, and borderline addictive! Made with simple ingredients, these candied nuts are delicious on salads, ice cream, yogurt, casseroles, or just by the handful! Store in an airtight container and they’ll last up to two weeks!
Candied Pecans Recipe
The holiday season is quickly approaching! And if there’s one thing I’ve learned about you from years past, it’s that you LOVE homemade gift ideas!
More specifically, easy but impressive edible gifts ideas! And these candied coated pecans are JUST that! They’re made with basic pantry staples like pecan halves, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, and salt. You’ll also make an egg white mixture using one egg white, a splash of vanilla, and a splash of bourbon. If you don’t have bourbon, use water! But bourbon adds FLAVOR! And in my opinion, makes these candied pecans even more festive.
How to Make Candied Pecans in 3 Steps:
- Preheat your Oven: To 300 degrees! Add your butter directly onto the baking sheet, and pop it in the oven until it’s completely melted. Once melted, remove and reduce oven to 250 degrees. P.S. If you don’t have butter, I think coconut oil would make a great saturated fat replacement.
- Make the Pecan Mixture: In a large bowl, whisk your egg white and vanilla/bourbon until it’s super frothy! Add in the pecans and toss to coat. Then toss in your cinnamon sugar mixture and toss until well combined.
- Bake: Spread the Pecans on the prepared baking sheet and pop in the oven for about 1 hour. You’ll want to stir the mixture every 15 minutes! Cool completely on the baking sheet before serving! They’ll become even more crunchy once they’re at room temperature.
If you like a sweet and salty treat, you can sprinkle the candied nuts with a little sea salt before serving! And if you prefer a sweet and SPICY treat, check out my sweet & spicy mixed nuts! Ugh… they’re SO good. And perfect for cocktail parties or charcuterie boards!
Can I Double this Recipe?
Absolutely! To be honest, you can even triple it. Just double (or triple) the ingredients as needed. And make sure to use a very large baking sheet. You want the pecans well spread out so they can get really crispy.
How to Store?
To keep these pecans fresh, you’ll need to store them in an airtight container! This can be a simple ziplock baggie or container! But if you’re going to gift them to friends and family, may I suggest placing them in a pretty mason jar? These 8 ounce jars are SO pretty and really make it feel like a special gift! Especially with a piece of pretty red ribbon tied around the top!
More Pecan Recipes:
- Butter Pecan Cinnamon Buns
- Maple Pecan Banana Muffins
- 6-Ingredient Butter Pecan Fudge
- Pecan Pie Bars
- Brown Sugar Butter Pecan French Toast
- White Chocolate Butter Pecan Blondies
Yield 2 cups
These EASY Candied Pecans are sweet, crunchy, and borderline addictive! Made with simple ingredients, these candied nuts are delicious on salads, ice cream, yogurt, casseroles, or just by the handful! Store in an airtight container and they'll last up to two weeks!
- 4 Tablespoons (2 ounces) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white
- 1 Tablespoon bourbon (or water)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (F). Place butter on a large baking sheet, and place in the oven to melt. Once butter has melted, remove baking sheet from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 250 degrees (F).
- In a small bowl, combine the sugars, spices, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk the egg white with the bourbon and vanilla until the mixture is very frothy.
- Toss the pecans into the egg white mixture and toss to coat. Then add in the sugar mixture and stir again, mixing until the pecans are evenly coated in the sugar mixture.
- Spread coated pecans onto the buttered baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for 1 hour.
- Cool on baking sheet for at least 15 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container, for up to two weeks.