This quick and easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus is ready in less than 20 minutes! This one pan meal is exploding with flavor and always a crowd-pleaser. So next time you’re looking for a healthy dinner, give this garlic shrimp and asparagus a try!
Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp with Asparagus
Are you a shrimp fan? We love it and have it for dinner at least once a week! And lately my favorite ways to cook it is with fresh asparagus, butter, garlic, lemon, and a little splash of white wine! It’s so flavorful and delicious with rice or pasta! And it’s equally delicious with cauliflower rice or zoodles.
But the best part? This one pan meal is ready in just about 20 minutes! Making it perfect for those nights you don’t have a ton of time to cook but still want to make something tasty and healthy!
Ingredients Needed for Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry:
- Chili Flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- Lemon Juice & Zest
- White Wine
- and Shrimp!
Tips and Tricks for Recipe Success:
- To make this dish extra flavorful, you’ll melt the butter until it’s browned! This simple step seriously amps up the flavor. And once you try it, I know you’ll be as hooked as I am!
- Use fresh lemon juice for this recipe! The jarred stuff won’t add the same fresh flavor. You’ll need lemons to zest, too. So might as well use that juice!
- I haven’t tried this recipe with frozen asparagus, but I don’t think it would work very well.
- When it comes to choosing your white wine, I suggest using one that is crisp and dry, such as Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc.
- Both shrimp and asparagus cook very fast, so be sure not to over cook them.
- You’ll have plenty of pan sauce leftover, so I suggest serving this recipe with rice, quinoa, zoodles, spaghetti squash, or even mashed potatoes.
If you love shrimp as much as I do, this tasty lemon garlic shrimp is sure to be a hit in your home! The shrimp are juicy, the asparagus is crisp, and the sauce is so flavorful! This recipe is always a hit with the whole family!
And if you try this recipe for 20 Minute Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp and Asparagus, let me know! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #bakerbynature on instagram! Seeing your kitchen creations makes my day.
More Shrimp Recipes:
- Sriracha Shrimp and Zucchini Lo Mein
- 20 Minute Skinny Sriracha Shrimp and Broccoli
- Garlic and Ginger Shrimp Soba Noodles
- Shrimp and Broccoli Lo Mein
- Sriracha Shrimp Ramen
Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus
Yield 4 servings
This quick and easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus is ready in less than 20 minutes! This one pan meal is exploding with flavor and always a crowd-pleaser. So next time you're looking for a healthy dinner, give this garlic shrimp and asparagus a try!
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (use less if you don't like spice)
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (more to taste)
- 1 pound asparagus, chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 pound fresh or frozen uncooked shrimp, patted dry
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- Heat butter in a large saute pan over medium heat until it's completely melted and just starts to brown.
- Add crushed red pepper flakes and garlic and saute for 1 minute, or until garlic is fragrant.
- Pour in the white wine, stir, and allow the mixture to come to a gentle simmer. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the asparagus and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and continue to simmer until the shrimp is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the basil.
- Remove from heat. Taste and add more spices or lemon juice, as needed. Serve warm!