We are officially in what many call the dog days of Summer. The past three days have been so sweltering and suffocating that I’ve been happily living off giant iced coffees, chocolate fudge pops, copious amounts of green juice, peach margaritas, and salad. All of the cold things, please! <<< Summer life was chugging along all fine and good until my cookie addiction kicked in, convincing me to crank the air conditioning on FULL BLAST and get baking.
Truth: Turning the oven on when it’s crazy hot outside is hard to do… but these triple chocolate cookies are so worth it; I promise.
Apparently I’ve turned a corner in my chocolate obsession because these triple chocolate cookies are just exploding with multiple forms of chocolate in every-single-bite. The chocolate cookie dough is made with cocoa powder, melted semi-sweet chocolate, and loaded with creamy milk chocolate chips ♥♥♥ They are a chocolate lovers DREAM COME TRUE.
Let’s talk ingredients real quick! For these cookies you’ll need all-purpose flour, baking soda, semi-sweet chocolate, milk chocolate chips, cocoa powder, butter, eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt. Nothing fancy schmancy, but you may need to check your chocolate supply to ensure you’ve got everything on hand before baking 😉
Time to discuss flavor and texture! Flavor wise these cookies are a total chocolate knockout. The semi-sweet chocolate and cocoa powder deliver a deep, rich chocolate cookie base making the sweet milk chocolate chips a delightful contrast. Texture wise these cookies are such a treat! Ultra thick and chewy, these fudge like cookies almost melt in your mouth. I served these for dessert at a BBQ recently and my friends went NUTS over them.
This chocolate loaded cookie dough comes together in just minutes and guess what? It doesn’t require chill time. Magical indeed.
Serve with a cold glass of milk (add a splash of bourbon and cinnamon if you’re looking to be naughty) and get ready to find yourself in chocolate paradise.
P.S. If you love chocolate as much as me, invite friends over when you bake these! I had a heck of a time not eating them ALL myself.
Triple Chocolate Cookies
Yield 18 very large cookies
Thick and chewy Triple Chocolate Cookies are a chocolate lovers dream!
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Place butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips in a small sauce pan over medium heat and cook for about 2 minutes – stirring constantly – or until the butter and chocolate are completely melted. Remove from heat and whisk until completely smooth. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 25 minutes (set a timer!).
- In the meantime...
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F). Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt; set aside.
- Once the 25 minutes are up, add the sugars and the vanilla to the cooled chocolate mixture and whisk until well combined; about 2 minutes (I recommend using a stand mixer/ handheld mixer to do this, if you have one). Add in the eggs, one at a time, and beating well after each addition. Gently fold in the flour mixture with a rubber spatula, stirring only until the flour begins to disappear. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll 3 tablespoon sized potions of dough between your palms to form a ball (they should be big; almost a 1/4 cup), then place on prepared sheet (make sure to leave enough room in between each cookie for inevitable spreading). Continue this process until all the dough has been rolled. Place baking sheets in preheated oven and bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges and tops are set but the centers still looks slightly underdone. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire wrack to cool completely.
Serving Size 1-2 cookies
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.