No one will complain about eating their veggies when you’re serving these Crispy Honey Mustard Brussels Sprouts with Bacon! These roasted sprouts are coated in homemade honey mustard sauce and then tossed with crispy bacon. One of my go-to side dishes for Thanksgiving!
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
I don’t know about you… but I love brussels sprouts! Yes, LOVE. They’re so versatile and last forever in the fridge! Plus, they’re super healthy and so darn delicious! Basically, they’re an all-around winner!
I make my tried and true Sicilian Roasted Brussels Sprouts at least once a month! But with Thanksgiving just a few weeks away, I’m so excited to be sharing this recipe with you today! Because whether you love brussels sprouts, or are on the fence, I’m CONVINCED you’re going to love these honey mustard bacon brussels! This easy side dish is made with just 8 basic ingredients! And ready in less than an hour, this is sure to become one of your favorite brussels sprouts recipes!
Ingredients for Honey Mustard Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- Honey: I use basic honey for this recipe! You can experiment with flavored honey, but just be aware it may alter the overall taste of the recipe.
- Dijon Mustard: I prefer a completely smooth dijon, but a slightly grainer variety should work fine. Again, it will just alter the results a bit since it’ll add more texture.
- Olive Oil: Just 3 Tablespoons! Use any variety you already have on hand.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste! I suggest starting with a very small amount, and then adding more when you taste the finished dish, if needed.
- Garlic Powder: Just a small dash enhances the honey mustard sauce with making it taste “garlicky”.
- Brussels Sprouts: Use FRESH brussels sprouts!!! Frozen will not work well for this recipe.
- Bacon: 1 whole pound!!! I love to cook my bacon in the oven, and have included instructions on how to do so below. If you don’t eat pork, you may omit, but the recipe will be less tasty! Can’t find bacon or you’re all out? I’ve made this with pancetta and it was ALMOST as tasty.
How to make Crispy Honey Mustard Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread bacon out in a single layer on baking sheet and bake until crispy, about 14 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Increase oven heat to 425. (*You could also cook the bacon on the stovetop over medium heat, or until crispy. But I find the oven much easier!).
- Wash brussels sprouts and gently dry with paper towels. Slice in half and set aside while you make the dressing.
- In a small bowl, bowl the mustards, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Whisk well to combine.
- Pour over brussels sprouts and toss well to coat the brussels in the mixture.
- Remove bacon from the aluminum foil line bacon sheet (don’t worry if there’s a little leftover bacon grease). Scatter the brussels on the baking sheet, making sure their in an even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Then increase oven to 475 degrees for 10 minutes! The high heat will char the brussels sprouts just slightly.
- Remove from oven. Place the cooked brussels sprouts in a large bowl and add the bacon. Toss to coat. Taste the roasted brussels sprouts and season with salt and pepper, if needed. Serve warm!
So, have I convinced you to add these crispy honey mustard brussels sprouts with bacon to your Thanksgiving menu?! And just an FYI – they’re delicious with non-Thanksgiving food, too. We serve these with salmon, chicken, steak… they really pair well with almost anything!!!
More Brussels Sprouts Recipes:
- Brown Sugar Rosemary Pork Chops with Caramelized Brussel Sprout, Onion, and Apple Slaw
- Charred Brussels Sprout, Bacon, and Toasted Sesame Seed Guacamole
- Sriracha and Maple Roasted Brussels and Butternut Squash
- Bacon & Egg Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with Bacon Parmesan Vinaigrette
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE FOR CRISPY HONEY MUSTARD BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BACON, LET ME KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND DON’T FORGET TO SNAP A PIC AND TAG IT #BAKERBYNATURE ON INSTAGRAM! SEEING YOUR KITCHEN CREATIONS MAKES OUR DAY.
Crispy Honey Mustard Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 1 pound bacon
- 3 pounds fresh brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the bacon on the baking sheet, laying the strips in a single layer, and bake until crispy, about 14 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Increase oven heat to 425 degrees.
- Wash brussels sprouts and gently dry with paper towels. Cut off the ends of the Brussels sprouts then slice them in half. Discard of any loose outer leaves that fall off. Place brussels sprouts in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, honey, dijon, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk well to combine.
- Pour over brussels sprouts and toss well to coat.
- Remove bacon from the aluminum foil lined baking sheet and place it on a cutting board. (don't worry if there's a little leftover bacon grease). Scatter the brussels sprouts on the baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Then increase oven to 475 degrees and continue baking for 10 minutes!
- Remove from oven. Place the cooked brussels sprouts in a large bowl and add the bacon. Toss to coat.
- Taste the roasted brussels sprouts and season with salt and pepper, if needed. Serve warm!
My family has been against Brussels sprouts since infancy. Now at 28 yrs old, I took a leap made these for family dinner & broke the chain even our picky eaters like these. They’re now a go to!! Thank you!
Great recipe! I’ve made it with all Brussels sprouts and also one pound each of carrots, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts.
Anne R says
I usually make these on the stove and they’re delicious, just can’t make enough for the whole family. I never thought to do them in the oven. Thank you so much for this recipe! Will be using it tomorrow!! I also used to be a sprout-hater and these made me a sprout-lover!
Linda M Fairbanks says
Loved it !
Delicious! I’ve made this a few times and it always turns out great, guests love it!
If I need to make these ahead of time, is there an easy way to reheat them?