Say hello to my latest dinner obsession: Easy Tomato and Spinach Pasta! Loaded with juicy cherry tomatoes, fresh spinach, olive oil, and a kick of red pepper flakes! This quick and easy pasta recipe is fast, flavorful, and budget friendly!
Tomato and Spinach Pasta Recipe
It’s no secret that I LOVE pasta.
There’s just something so cozy and comforting about a big bowl of noodles! It’s pure and simple comfort food. And thankfully, so easy to make at home! Because as much as I love pasta… I rarely order it out. It’s often overpriced and overcooked.
But not to worry! Because you can be enjoying this fuss-free RESTAURANT QUALITY spinach and tomato pasta in about 20 minutes! That’s one of the many reasons this is one of my favorite weeknight pasta dishes!
It’s as simple as bringing a large pot of water to a boil and cooking the pasta. And in the meantime, placing a large skillet over medium heat. Toss in a good amount of olive, tomatoes, salt and pepper, and cook until the tomatoes begin to burst. Add in your garlic and glug of white wine, and cook for a few more minutes, This will create a flavorful tomato sauce without using any canned tomatoes! At the very end, toss in your spinach and cook until soft. Add in the pasta, top with parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
P.S. You could easily make this recipe gluten free by using your favorite gluten free pasta!
More Pasta Recipes:
- Pasta Puttanesca
- One Pan Veggie Fajita Pasta
- Easy Pasta with Broccoli
- One Pan Tomato Basil Pasta (a great way to use up an excess of fresh basil!)
- Easy Pasta Fagioli Soup Recipe
- Simple Spaghetti Fra Diavolo
AND IF YOU TRY THIS PASTA WITH SPINACH AND TOMATOES RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND DON’T FORGET TO SNAP A PIC AND TAG IT #BAKERBYNATURE ON INSTAGRAM! SEEING YOUR KITCHEN CREATIONS MAKES OUR DAY.
Easy Tomato and Spinach Pasta
- 1 lb penne (or your preferred pasta variety)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add oil to a large, wide pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add in the crushed red pepper flakes, tomatoes, salt, and pepper, and cook until the tomatoes begin to burst and give off their juices, about 9 to 10 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to gently press the tomatoes if they're not bursting on their own.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Stir in the wine and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Finally, stir in the spinach and cook until slightly wilted.
- In the meantime, add the penne into the boiling water and cook for 9 to 10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Toss the pasta immediately into the pot with the sauce and stir well to combine. Add in some of the reserved cooking water, if needed. Taste and add additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Remove from heat and divide among serving bowls. Top with cheese and serve at once!