How to make Simple Spaghetti Fra Diavolo with just a handful of simple ingredients! This spicy Italian pasta recipe is always a crowd-pleaser!
Simple Spaghetti Recipe with Fra Diavolo Sauce
It’s no secret we love pasta! But this easy spaghetti fra diavolo is definitely one of the most made (and loved) pasta recipes in our household. It’s simple, saucy, and SPICY! And we almost always have the ingredients needed on hand. Especially in the Summer when our herb garden is in full bloom.
Bonus: This pasta fra diavolo is breeze to make on busy nights when cooking time needs to be short and snappy. Cause let’s be real… who’s got time for crazy & complicated?!
What to serve spaghetti fra diavolo with?
- Easy Baked Meatballs
- Rosemary Focaccia
- 5-Ingredient Cannolis
If you want an extra authentic pasta experience, try using bucatini pasta! When we were in Italy we ate Bucatini Fra Diavolo and fell hard for the extra thick noodles.
More Pasta Recipes:
Simple Spaghetti Fra Diavolo
Yield 6 servings
An Italian Classic! Spicy and Simple Spaghetti Fra Diavolo can be ready in just about 20 minutes.
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic, sliced very thin or minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (add a little more if you really like the spice!)
- 2 1/2 cups tomato puree
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound of spaghetti, cooked al dente
- Fill a large stock pot with water and salt and place over a medium-high flame; bring to a rolling boil and add spaghetti; cook for 5-6 minutes, or until pasta is almost al dente. Drain and add to pasta.
- While your pasta is cooking, make your sauce!
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium flame. Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until garlic is fragrant and just starting to turn golden. Add crushed red pepper, and stir. Add tomato puree, stir, and reduce heat to medium. Let cook for 8 minutes - stirring occasionally - or until the oil beings to rise and separate from the tomato puree. Mix in fresh herbs, salt, and pepper; taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Once pasta is cooked and drained, add it to the sauce and and stir to coat the noodles. Reduce heat to low, cover pan, and let pasta cook in the sauce for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve pasta with cheese, and eat at once!
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.