An easy and absolutely delicious recipe for Overnight Pecan Pie French Toast! It’s the perfect breakfast or brunch recipe for the holidays! Make it the night before then just wake and bake!
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”JIJW3rIn” upload-date=”2017-08-23T19:34:09.000Z” name=”Overnight Pecan Pie French Toast” description=”This Overnight Pecan Pie French toast is so easy and perfect for the holidays!”]
Overnight Pecan French Toast
Pecan Pie French Toast
Happy Friday! The weekend is just hours away and you know what that means, right?! BRUNCH. AKA the best meal in the entire world. Do you agree?
3 of my very best girlfriends are in town for the weekend and I can’t wait to surprise them with this overnight pecan pie french toast on Saturday morning. This is the ultimate holiday brunch recipe!!! It’s super easy, super impressive, and – of course – super delicious. It also goes great with mimosas and coffee, which are both brunch essentials in my opinion!
Favorite Pecan Pie Recipes:
Pecan French Toast Casserole
Let’s talk about ingredients! To make this overnight pecan pie french toast you’ll need: french bread, milk, heavy cream, eggs, vanilla, brown sugar, maple syrup, corn syrup, and pecans. You should be able to easily find all of these ingredients at your local grocery store, and with any luck… you may already have them in your kitchen!
The french bread is soaked in a vanilla cream mixture overnight which provides incredible taste and texture. Once it’s soaked overnight you’ll coat your baking dish in butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, and pecans! As the french toast bakes, one side becomes encrusted with the pecans while the other side slowly caramelizes… it’s so dreamy!
What I really love about this recipe is how perfect it is for sharing. Once it comes out of the oven, it’s ready to go. You don’t even need to serve it with syrup! It’s 100% sweet enough on its own.
Pecan Pie… in french toast form!!! What are you waiting for? Make this ASAP and enjoy:)
More French Toast Recipes:
- Overnight Eggnog French Toast
- Apple Pie French Toast
- Brown Sugar Butter Pecan French Toast
- Overnight Raspberry French Toast Casserole
- Easy Bananas Foster French Toast
If you try this Overnight Pecan Pie French Toast, let me know! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #bakerbynature on instagram!
Overnight Pecan Pie French Toast
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 large eggs plus 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 8 slices
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- In a large bowl combine the milk, cream, eggs, yolks, and vanilla, beat well and set aside. Arrange sliced bread in a large shallow bowl. Pour the liquid mixture over the bread. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
When ready to bake...
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). In a small saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Remove from heat and whisk in the brown sugar, corn syrup, maple syrup, and pecans.
- Spread this mixture evenly across the bottom of a 3 quart casserole dish. Carefully arrange the soaked bread on top. Bake for 35 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes, then serve warm!