Finally! A pumpkin cookie with the perfect texture. Crispy edges, soft and chewy centers, and plenty of gooey cinnamon chips. Bake these today!!!
Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Cookie Recipe
I’ve made a lot of pumpkin recipes for this blog lately. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin scones, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin muffins, and even pumpkin pancakes. Pumpkin fever is real, my friends! And I have it baaaaad. ♥♥♥
One recipe I was determined to nail this Fall? Pumpkin cookies. But not just any pumpkin cookie. I wanted to create my dream pumpkin cookie.
So what’s a dream pumpkin cookie taste like? I’m glad ya asked!
Dream pumpkin cookies are:
- Thick and chewy
- Crispy at the edges
- Loaded with gooey cinnamon chips
- Bursting with real pumpkin flavor
- Easy to make
- Ready in 30 minutes
In other words. These cookies are pure, pumpkin magic.
I created this recipe for fellow pumpkin lovers who crave a cookie full of pumpkin flavor, but still have the texture of an actual cookie. I cannot tell you how many pumpkin cookie recipes I’ve tried that promise a chewy cookie… but deliver a cake-y, almost muffin like one. Don’t get me wrong, I love muffins! But not when I want a cookie.
So let’s get down to details. How did I make these cookies so awesome?! Well, actually, it’s pretty simple. First up, let’s talk ingredients. For this recipe you’ll need butter, sugar (granulated and brown), vanilla, pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix), pumpkin pie spice, all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon chips.
SPEAKING OF CINNAMON CHIPS ↓↓↓ Cinnamon Chips are my secret ingredient for making these cookies 110% addicting.
I used these Hershey’s Cinnamon Baking Chips, but feel free to use any brand you like.
Making these cookies is so so simple. All you need to do is whisk up the dough. Roll it. Bake it. Eat it!!! Hallelujah, this recipe requires NO chill time. ← Can we just pause for a moment and appreciate that awesomeness?!
Enjoy your new favorite pumpkin cookies! If you make them, let me know how much you love them in the comment box below ♥
Chewy Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Cookies
Yield 2 dozen cookies
Thick, chewy, dotted with cinnamon chips, and loaded with real pumpkin flavor in every bite. These cookies are the real deal.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 cups cinnamon chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F). Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl using a handheld mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until smooth - about 1 minute. Add in the sugars and vanilla and beat on medium-speed until light and fluffy; about 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin puree and beat until it's just combined, about 45 seconds. Gently fold in the flour mixture with a rubber spatula, stirring only until the flour begins to disappear. Fold in cinnamon chips.
- Roll 3 tablespoon-sized balls of dough between your palms to form a ball (they should be big; almost a 1/4 cup), then place on prepared sheet (make sure to leave enough room in between each cookie for inevitable spreading). Continue this process until all the dough has been rolled.
- Place baking sheets in preheated oven and bake for 15-16 minutes, or until golden at the edges and set in the middle. Allow cookies to cool for 30 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire wrack to cool completely.
Serving Size 1-2 cookies
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.