Livened up with a zingy horseradish and dill cream cheese, these simple yet fancy Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Cucumber Bites are crunchy, creamy finger food food perfection! Perfect for Easter, Mother’s Day, Bridal Showers, and more. You’re going to just love them!
Smoked Salmon Appetizer
Last night we hosted the last dinner party we’ll probably ever have in our current apartment. We’re moving days after we return from Italy – but we’ll still be Brooklyn babes. Just in our very own apartment. No more roommates! Hooray! It feels like such an accomplishment. A dream.
The party itself was small and intimate. It was one of those nights full of precious friends, good food, and lots of laughter. These are the moments. The ones that slip by too quickly.
I made all of the food, which was fun for me, of course. And judging from the leftovers, everyone else enjoyed the spread too 😉 I made a banana cream pie that I will be remaking for you guys this week. It was so lovely, and now that I’m thinking about it… I wish there were some left. This girl could use a snack. Good thing I have some of these cucumber salmon bites hiding close by!
I made these cucumber bites as a light appetizer, and they were a smash hit. For me, and them. I love to host parties, but hate letting myself get overwhelmed with complicated, messy recipes that leave me frazzled. and my kitchen a f*#king mess. Simple is much better. And the fact that these pretty little bites take less than 10 minutes makes them way attractive from a hosts perspective. Also, my friends said they were way delicious. So high five/ WIN.
These would also be great for Easter/ Mother’s Day/ or a brunch party! They’re a great for an appetizer spread, because they’re nice and light. Meaning you’re guests will actually have room for the main meal. Also, you can leave the horseradish and/or dill out of the cream cheese if you want a more subtle bite. I think a little dash of lemon zest would be lovely, too. Play around with it! xoxo
After receiving more than a few inquiries about the toothpicks used in the photos for this post, I hunted them down for you! These wooden mini-forks are cute and strong and perfect for parties!
Smoked Salmon Appetizer Recipes
- Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Stuffed Pepperoncini
- Smoked Salmon Tartines with Fresh Herbs, Radishes, and Wasabi Spread
Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Cucumber Bites
Yield 40 bites
Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Cucumber Bites! Perfect for Easter or Mother's Day!
- 2 English Cucumbers, peeled and cut into 1" rounds
- 1 pound smoked salmon, cut into bite sized pieces
- (1) 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Horseradish (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream, optional
- Toothpicks or tiny party forks
- Peel cucumbers and slice them into 1" circles. Arrange on a platter as desired. Place in the refrigerator while preparing the cream cheese.
- Place cream cheese, dill, horseradish, and cream in a large bowl. Beat until well combined (a handheld mixer really helps here.)
- Spread 1 teaspoon of cream cheese on top each cucumber slice (more or less to taste), then top each slice with a bite sized piece of smoked salmon. Insert a toothpick down the center to keep in place.
- Serve at once, or keep in the refrigerator until needed.
*I recommend making these as close to the serving time as possible.
Serving Size 3 bites per person
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.