This 20-Minute BLT Easy Pasta Salad is fresh, fast, SUPER satisfying! This simple bow tie pasta salad is LOADED with bacon, lettuce, and tomato!!! And then it’s dressed in a slightly creamy – and totally addicting – Zesty Italian dressing.
Easy BLT Pasta Salad
BLT Bow Tie Pasta Salad Recipe
We got back from the beach yesterday, and guess what… I’m beat! After 2 hours of packing up the car, 2 hours in the car, and then – wait for it – 2 hours unpacking the dang car, I felt like I was ready for another vacation!!! Or at least a spa day 😉 Hey… a girl can dream, right? To ease back into the whole real life situation, I decided to take things easy dinner wise and make this incredibly simple 20-minute BLT pasta salad.It’s creamy, dreamy, and just begging to be your dinner!
I usually like my pasta salad loaded with a TON of veggies, cheeses, and meats – like this classic Italian pasta salad – but since I wanted something simple and fast, I decided to SHAKE things up and try a new recipe that had been floating around my brain for ages. BLT PASTA SALAD. I mean, how could it not be amazing, right?
How to make Easy BLT Pasta Salad
To make this blt bowtie pasta salad, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- bow tie pasta: aka farfalle! but feel free to use another small noodle in its place!
- zesty Italian salad dressing: use your favorite brand!
- creamy Ranch salad dressing: this is my secret ingredient… it adds a subtle creaminess to the pasta salad. trust me!!!
- thick cut bacon: fried until crispy!!! then cut into strips or crumbled. But I think strips looks prettier.
- ripe tomatoes: diced! Heirloom tomatoes work great here, but any juicy tomato will work. In a pinch, you can even use cherry or grape tomatoes.
- crispy romaine lettuce: keyword crispy!!!
- red onion: diced, this ingredient adds a nice kick.
- And of course, salt and pepper: to taste
This pasta can be ready to go in 20 minutes, but also can be made up to 8 hours before serving! Perfect for those busy days when you need to make dinner in advance 😉 Just be sure to add the lettuce in right before serving if making ahead of time… otherwise it gets a little soggy and sad.
If you have a picnic coming up, or are just looking for a fast, fresh dinner idea, BLT pasta salad has to be on your menu! And with only 7 simple ingredients… I suggest whipping it up TONIGHT!
More Pasta Salad Recipes:
20-Minute BLT Pasta Salad
- 1 pound bow tie pasta
- 1 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup creamy Ranch salad dressing
- 1 pound thick cut bacon, fried until crispy then cut into strips or crumbled (I think strips looks prettier, but it's a little more work)
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, diced (heirlooms work great here if you can get your hands on them)
- 10 leaves of crispy romaine lettuce, washed, dried, and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and rinse under cold water until cool.
- While the water is coming to a boil, heat a skillet over medium heat; add bacon strips, and cook until crispy, about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Place cooled pasta in a large serving bowl; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine zesty Italian dressing and ranch, mix well. Add dressing to pasta and toss well to coat pasta.
- Add bacon, lettuce, tomato, and onion to the pasta bowl, mix well to combine, and season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve at once, or chill until needed.