This Easy Italian Macaroni Salad Recipe features elbow noodles, bell peppers, celery, onion, sharp provolone, and salami! And the dressing is so creamy and flavorful! This is the perfect macaroni salad for parties, picnics, and backyard bbqs.
Easy Macaroni Salad Recipe
It’s almost Summer and you know what that means, right? It’s pasta salad season!
And while I have a million pasta salad recipes in my recipe box, I somehow have ZERO macaroni salad recipes! But that changes today! Because today we welcome this super easy Italian-Style Macaroni Salad into our lives. It’s so flavorful and literally takes 15 minutes to whip up! But the best part? It’s made with super basic ingredients you can grab at any grocery store. Heck, you might even have everything you need to make this in your kitchen right now! Wouldn’t that be great?!
Ingredients for Macaroni Salad
- Macaroni (AKA elbow noodles)
- zesty Italian dressing
- apple cider vinegar
- Italian seasoning
- frozen peas
- red onion
- red bell pepper
- sharp provolone cheese
- salt & pepper
What to Serve with Macaroni Salad
This creamy macaroni salad is delicious on its own! But you can also pair it with grilled veggies, sandwiches, meat, or fish. Below are a few of our favorite recipes to pair macaroni salad with:
- Italian hoagies
- Easy Baked Meatballs
- Chicken Caprese Burgers
- Rib-Eye Filets
- Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Baked Chicken Wings
How long can you leave Macaroni Salad Out?
In general, most macaroni salads are safe sitting at room temperature for about 2 hours. However if you’re serving macaroni salad outdoors, it may spoil faster. I suggest chiling it well before serving, and keeping it in the shade, if possible.
How long will Macaroni Salad last in my Fridge?
If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Sometimes I make a batch at the beginning of the week so I can enjoy a bowl everyday for lunch!
Can Macaroni Salad be Made Ahead of Time?
Yes!!! I find this is absolutely delicious for up to 3 days! After that, the ingredients will start to soften a bit… but as mentioned above, it’s safe to eat for up to 5 days, as long as it’s properly stored.
More Salad Recipes for you to Try:
- Garlicky Tomato Basil Pasta Salad
- Avocado BLT Pasta Salad
- 20-Minute BLT Pasta Salad
- 20-Minute Greek Pasta Salad
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE FOR EASY ITALIAN MACARONI SALAD, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW, AND DON’T FORGET TO SNAP A PIC AND TAG IT #BAKERBYNATURE ON INSTAGRAM! SEEING YOUR CREATIONS SERIOUSLY MAKES MY DAY ♥
Italian Macaroni Salad
- 1 pound elbow macaroni noodles
- 3/4 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 4 ribs of celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 ounces sharp provolone cheese, cubed
- 4 ounce genoa salami, sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add macaroni and cook until al dente, about 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta and rinse under cold water until cool.
- While the water is coming to a boil, chop your vegetables, cheese, and meat.
- Place pasta in a large serving bowl and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the Italian dressing, mayo, vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, and mix well until smooth and combined.
- Add dressing to pasta and toss well to coat pasta.
- Add vegetables, cheese, and salami to the pasta bowl, mix well to combine, and season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve at once, or chill until needed.