This Creamy Avocado BLT Pasta Salad is so easy and perfect for Summer celebrations! Loaded with crispy bacon, juicy tomatoes, spinach, avocado, and cheddar cheese. This flavorful pasta salad is always a crowd-pleaser!
Avocado BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
I LOVE pasta. And so does my entire family! So it’s no surprise I make pasta salad A LOT! Especially in the Summer! It’s such a cheap and easy meal. And it’s endlessly adaptable! Last week we had way too many avocados, a million cherry tomatoes from the garden, and a huge pack of bacon that needed to get used up, so I decided to combine them into a deliciously flavorful pasta salad my whole family loved. Even my picky teenager brother and his friends loved this recipe! I’m going to make a double batch for our memorial day party next weekend… or maybe a triple batch. Pasta salad is one of those dishes that always flies!
Here what you’ll need to whip up this easy peasy avocado and blt pasta salad:
- small pasta noodles (I used shells, but you can use bowtie pasta, penne, or even macaroni!)
- ripe avocados (I used 2, but you could use more)
- cherry tomatoes (but grape tomatoes or even diced tomatoes will work)
- spinach (or romaine)
- cheddar cheese (you could easily leave this out or use another variety of cheese)
- bacon (a whole pound! you’ll use it for the dressing and for the salad)
- red onion
- ranch dressing
- Italian dressing
- salt & pepper, to taste
And that’s it! You only need 10 basic ingredients to make this fresh and flavorful pasta salad recipe! But the best part? It comes together in about 25 minutes.
What to serve with cold pasta salad?
Pasta salad is delicious on its own! But you can also pair it with fresh fruit, grilled veggies, sandwiches, meat, or fish. Below are a few of our favorite recipes to pair pasta salad with:
- Italian hoagies
- Easy Baked Meatballs
- Chicken Caprese Burgers
- Rib-Eye Filets
- Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
Can this pasta salad be made ahead of time?
Yes!!! However I find it’s best served right after it’s been tossed with the dressing.
How long will pasta salad last?
If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Sometimes I make a batch at the beginning of the week so I can enjoy a bowl everyday for lunch!
More Pasta Salad Recipes for you to Try:
- Garlicky Tomato Basil Pasta Salad
- 20-Minute Rainbow Veggie Pasta Salad
- Vegan Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Pasta Salad
- 20-Minute BLT Pasta Salad
- 15-Minute Italian Pasta Salad
- 20-Minute Greek Pasta Salad
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE FOR EASY BACON AVOCADO PASTA SALAD, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW, AND DON’T FORGET TO SNAP A PIC AND TAG IT #BAKERBYNATURE ON INSTAGRAM! SEEING YOUR CREATIONS SERIOUSLY MAKES MY DAY ♥
Avocado BLT Pasta Salad
- 1 pound shell pasta
- 1 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- 3/4 cup creamy Ranch salad dressing
- 1 pound thick cut bacon, fried until crispy
- 1 and 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and rinse under cold water until cool.
- While the water is coming to a boil, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add bacon strips, and cook until crispy, about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Place pasta in a large serving bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine zesty Italian dressing and ranch, mix well. Add dressing to pasta and toss well to coat pasta.
- Add bacon, tomatoes, spinach, onion, avocado, and cheese to the pasta bowl, mix well to combine, and season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve at once, or chill until needed.